TYPEBRETT: Determination of sulphite resistant strains of Brettanomyces
- This tools is easy handling and fast. It consists of a PCR reaction, followed by an amplification products analysis.
- This test has been successfully applied to samples of contaminated wines.
Unité de Recherche Œnologie
(EA 4577, USC 1366)
Nom : Christophe Zabawinski Titre : Chef de Projet Sciences de la Vie Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fight against the red wines alteration by the yeast Brettanomyces bruxellensis responsible for the appearance of « leather » and « horse urine » odors.
- Molecular test for cooperative cellars and oenological laboratories offering microbiological analyzes.
- Contamination diagnosis, prevention methods choice and associated treatment are thus more precise and effective.
- This test allows to discriminate the diploid strains of triploids, and completes the contamination diagnosis with the risk of these strains to tolerate sulphites high concentrations.
- A positive response to this test should lead the practitioner to renounce tho the sulphiting increase and to move directly to other prevention methods and/or treatment to minimize the occurrence of sulphite-resistant strains of Brettanomyces.
This technology is protected by a patent application
A proof of concept is currently led to optimize the potential of the solution.