Multi-element capacitive-ultrasonic transducer with air-coupling and variable focusing
- Non-destructive test (NDT) or evaluation of various kind of materials (metals, polymers, composites, wood…).
- NDT is integrated into existing systems for monitoring, pilotage and support systems in aeronautics, agri-food, automotive, shipbuilding, mechanics, metallurgy, nuclear, Transport…
- Materials characterization through NDT has two main applications:
- Detection and dimensioning of defects (in a part or assembly);
- The indirect measurement of material characteristics (strength, hardness…).
Institut de Mécanique et d’Ingénierie de Bordeaux (I2M, UMR 5295)
Nom : Matthieu Ayfre Titre : Business Developer / Project Manager Engineering Sciences Mail : email@example.com
- This system is intended for the NDT or evaluation by ultrasound in transmission, without coupling medium (in air), of various kind of materials (metals, polymers, composites, wood …); with a high lateral spatial resolution and a wide frequency bandwidth.
- It allows for the materials NDT in a wide frequency spectrum (between 60 kHz and 600 kHz to -20 dB)
and to adjust the focusing distance dynamically (electronically adjustable with specific instrumentation).
- High spatial resolution which favors detection and localization of small (millimeter) defects,
- Wide and variable frequency band (analysis of different thicknesses and different materials),
- Focusing distance adjustable in dynamics,
- Non-contact air coupling,
- Easy to implement,
- Reproducible measurements,
- Fast process,
- Possibility to test fragile materials.
This technology is protected by patents
The maturation with Aquitaine Science Transfert aims to develop a functional prototype