Probiobucco: 5 Probiotic strains for oral health
The 5 strains followed the same selection procedure :
- Adhesion test on glass tube: verification of the production of exopolysaccharides confirming that the bacteria can adhere to hard tissues,
- Hydrophobicity test,
- Co-aggregation test with bacteria responsible for periodontal disease and halitosis,
- Test of antibacterial activity against potentially pathogenic strains in the oral cavity,
- Saliva survival test: resistance and stability of probiotic candidates in the salivary environment.
- Safety Test: Verification that strains do not produce compounds responsible for bad breath,
- Immunogenicity test to understand the local immune response.
UFR d’Odontologie, Université de Bordeaux
Nom : Christophe Zabawinski ,
Titre : Chef de Projet Sciences de la Vie,
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Bacteriology of Oral Diseases Laboratory has identified 5 lactobacilli with beneficial effects on the oral cavity.
- These 5 probiotic strains target oral care market:
- Periodontal disease (gingivitis and periodontitis),
- Halitosis (bad breath),
Contact us for detailed results by strain
Benefits of Probiotics VS Antibiotics / Antiseptics in Oral Health:
- Rebalancing of the microbial sphere.
- Difficulty of action of antibiotics / antiseptics in dental plaque.
- Probiotic bacteria are an integral part of dental plaque.
The maturation with Aquitaine Science Transfert leads to the characterization of 70 buccal lactobacilli strains