Long term data storage in photosensitive glass
- The invention relates to a new data storage method based on a photosensitive glass
- It allows storage of information in three dimensions in a photosensitive glass. The fluorescence produced is controlled and stabilized at the nanoscale, allowing to handle the intensity and to adapt the emission spectrum.
- Playback works by fluorescence with 256 grey levels, using Blue – Ray technology, with slight technical improvements.
Laboratoire Ondes et Matière d’Aquitaine (LOMA, UMR 5796)
Institute for Solid State Chemistry Bordeaux (ICMCB, UPR 9048)
Bordeaux Imaging Center
(BIC, UMS 3420, US4 INSERM)
Nom : Matthieu Ayfre Titre : Chef de Projet / BD Sciences de l'Ingénieur Mail : email@example.com
Projanus is a new process which can modify any conductive micro or nano-object, to an asymmetric and bifunctional micro or nano-object. The induced anisotropy in color, charge density or reflective index could open the way to cheap pixels with high refreshing rate.
Janus particles are used in numerous industries:
- Micro and nanoelectronics,
- Chemical catalysis
- Stabilization of emulsions,
- Medical imagery,
- Capacity : 1 Terabytes (1To),
- Perpetual Digital Data Storage: several hundreds of years,
- High tolerance to temperature,
- High reading speed (500 Mbps),
- Ease of implementation of protection (DRM, Datamatrix).
Patent application: WO 2011/148113 A3
This invention was the subject of a maturation by Aquitaine Science Transfert