Long term data storage in photosensitive glass
Very long term data storage for organizations with big archives:
- National Archives,
- Legal Data Protection,
Laboratoire Ondes et Matière d’Aquitaine (LOMA, UMR 5796)
Institute for Solid State Chemistry Bordeaux (ICMCB, UPR 9048)
Bordeaux Imaging Center
(BIC, UMS 3420, US4 INSERM)
Nom : Matthieu Ayfre Titre : Business Developer / Project Manager Engineering Sciences Mail : email@example.com
- The invention relates to a new data storage method based on a photosensitive glass
- It allows storage of information in three dimensions in a photosensitive glass. The fluorescence produced is controlled and stabilized at the nanoscale, allowing to handle the intensity and to adapt the emission spectrum.
- Playback works by fluorescence with 256 grey levels, using Blue – Ray technology, with slight technical improvements.
- Capacity : 1 Terabytes (1To),
- Perpetual Digital Data Storage: several hundreds of years,
- High tolerance to temperature,
- High reading speed (500 Mbps),
- Ease of implementation of protection (DRM, Datamatrix).
Patent application: WO 2011/148113 A3
This invention was the subject of a maturation by Aquitaine Science Transfert