MULTI Gb/s PLASTIC WIRE
MULTI Gb/s PLASTIC WIRE is a valuable alternative for copper link or wireless in data transmission. With the future expected increase of data traffic and the increase in transmission frequencies, cheap, multi-gigabit and low energy data transmission over meters distance are required.
The main targeted applications are :
- Transport (embedded electronics),
- Active cables (VS USB and Thunderbolt),
- Data centers.
Integration from Material to Systems
(IMS, UMR 5218)
Nom : Jacky Chartier Titre : Aerospace Defense & Systems Business Development Manager Mail : email@example.com
- This technology is a multi-gigabit communication link, using a plastic fiber as transmission channel.
- A cladding is designed around the waveguide to make a barrier to any perturbation.
- Transmission rate > 10 Gbit/s,
- More efficient compared to wireless ,
- Isolation (Fewer external disturbance),
- Low cost (plastic extrusion),
- Low consumption,
- Mechanical stability and robustness.
This technology is protected by patent
The maturation project aims at the realization of a demonstrator