LAUNWEAVING AND REALIGNEMENT MACHINE FOR CARBON FIBERS
- Innovative facility for valorization and recycling of carbon fiber composite materials.
- Production of a new semi-product : long size (50-200mm) and highly aligned carbon fibers.
- Usable in numerous industries as automotive, construction, aerospace, sport or leisure facilities.
Institute of Mechanics and Engineering (I2M, UMR 5295)
Nom : Benoît Philippeau Titre : Business Developer / Project Manager Engineering Sciences Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
This machine performs the realignment of carbon fibers from carbon fibers fabrics (production off-cuts or composite materials, after solvolysis or pyrolysis).
This process is in three steps:
- Unweaving of carbon fabric,
- Re-alignment of the carbon fibers.
- Calibration of tapes with a quasi-uniform surfacic mass (semi-product).
This machine allows to obtain long recycled carbon fibers (50-200 mm), with more than 80% of the fibers are realigned.
Cheaper than new carbon fiber, and lighter than glass fiber or metallical alloys (such as aluminum), this semi-product in recycled carbon fiber is an environmentally friendly alternative for use on semi-structural parts.
Patent application : WO 2016/066975 A1
Maturation with Aquitaine Science Transfert led to the realization of a prototype.